Friday, February 15, 2013

Are You a Photo Junkie?

How many cameras do you own? How many do you have on you at all times? Are you ever without a camera?

For me, I own 3 cameras. One on my iPhone, a Panasonic Lumix for concerts and other opportunities where I cannot bring my DSLR in, and my Nikon D7000. I ALWAYS have at least one of these on me at all times. During warmer weather the Lumix remains locked in my glove compartment in case I run into an interesting situation on the street while out and about. This happened once last year.

I was out at a friend's house and all of a sudden saw black smoke rising in the sky. So me being me, I tracked that sucker down! I found the house that was on fire on Myrtle Street. While the photos I got were not as clear and sharp as I would have liked, it's the journalism and story of it all that counts.






Other times, I will bring my DSLR with me in anticipation of a photo outing. I look at everything as a photo op, but I want to make sure that I have my best camera if I know that I am going somewhere where photos will be plentiful.

I am a photo junkie, plain and simple. Even if I have one of my other cameras on me, I will still take pics with my phone, and then use the real camera. It's an obsession, but it's also a passion. I think it's healthy to have a passion, especially one that you can turn into a career as I am trying to do.

If you see something that you think is a photo op, it probably is, so whip out that camera and get snapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment